Sunday, October 9, 2011
Pepper stuffed with cheese and vegetables, dipped in chickpea flour and then deep fried. If you are a meat lover you could substitute the vegetable mixture with the meat of your choice.
Ingredients for the stuffing:
1. 4 Chili peppers
2. Left over vegetable dry curry(or you could make a fresh batch like the one in vegetable puffs stuffing)
3. 4 tbsps Mozzarella cheese
Ingredients for the coating:
1. 1 cup chickpea flour
2. 2 tsp red chili powder
4. Salt to taste
Method for the batter:
Mix all the ingredients for the coating except water. Add water slowly and keep whisking the mixture. Dont make the batter too runny, it should be thick enough to stick to the pepper when you dip it in the mixture.
Stuffing and frying:
1. Slit the pepper along the length from end to en andd remove all the seeds from the inside
2. Distribute equally the cheese and vegetable mixture and stuff the peppers
3. Dip the stuffed peppers in the batter and deep fry.