Friday, January 21, 2011
1 cup of shredded Mooli(Radish)
1 tsp Jeera powder
1 Green chili finely chopped
2 tbsp grated ginger
2 cups wheat flour
1 tbsp oil
1. Mix all the ingredients together for stuffing, sprinkle a tbsp of salt and set aside for 15 mins; radish will leave out water.
2. Squeeze out all the water from the stuffing. Rolling the paratha will become easier if the stuffing is dry.
3. Take the wheat four in a bowl and slowly add the radish water mixing and kneading. Add more water if desired.
Note: Usually 2 cups of wheat flour would take 3/4th cup of water, but it depends on the dryness and coarseness of the flour so adjust the water quantity.
4. Roll a small ball of dough and place a tsp of radish mixture in the center
5. Pull together the edges to cover-up the filling and dust-in some dry wheat flour
6. Roll it into a paratha.
7. Heat a flat non-stick pan and roast one side of the paratha until golden brown, repeat on the other side.
8. Repeat with rest of the dough and filling
9. Dab a little butter on one side of the paratha and serve with slices of onion and a chili if you like some heat :)