Monday, September 13, 2010

Banana-Berry Smoothie



One of my favorite smoothies is right from my kitchen. It takes about 2 minutes to make and I prefer it over any smoothie we get in Robek's, Jamba Juice or any of the myriad smoothie stores. Plus its very easy on your wallet and you get to control the calories. This juice has no added sugar and uses 2% fat milk.

Ingredients:
2 ripe bananas- make sure they are ripe, because ripe bananas are generally sweeter and they give a thicker consistency to the smoothie
8-10 frozen Black Berries (I usually have strawberries, raspberries and blackberries stocked in my freezer just for smoothies, any of these would do)
1/2 cup cold milk
1/4 cup water or some ice

Method:
Blend all the ingredients together until you dont see any chunks of bananas or berries. Serve cold!

2 comments:

  1. Super smoothie,guilt free recipe,wow.shall try this one soon,will fresh berries do just as fine?And how about using black currants?
    R\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rajani, fresh berries is a bonus! I usually stock on frozen berries because as I understand they are equally good in nutritional quality as their fresh counterparts, without me having to worry about using them before they go bad.
    I looked-up black currant, unfortunately we dont get it here. The harvest was banned in N. America because of a fungus(as per wiki) and now is rarely seen here. But it sounds like a good choice for a smoothie, if you try it out please let me know.

    ReplyDelete